Tuesday 19 March 2013

Rimmel Metal Rush - Royal Blue: The Review

The other day I was in Target for some weekend wandering and of course magically ended up in the beauty section. I went to the Rimmel stand after seeing they *finally* have brought out the Kate Moss matte finish lipsticks in the red tube. I restrained myself from picking up 107 (which I have been wanting) as something else caught my eye. A little stand of nail polishes (literally like 4 bottles) were randomly sitting there. I saw Royal Blue and it immediately reminded me of Butter London's Knackered, which is a shade I had wanted until Darcie picked it up and found the formula to be a bit naff (post here).I thought I might as well give it a go as it looked amazing and was fairly cheap (12 bucks I think).

I tried it as soon as  I got home and the first coat was quite sheer. I wasn't worried *yet* because another duo chrome type polish I have (Butter London Thames) starts sheer but is fine with 2-3 coats, although this polish has a thicker consistency that Thames. The one thing that stood out to me was the brush. Its quite short and wide with a rounded tip. I love the way the brush coats the nail so easily. So I went on with the second coat and it was pretty much opaque and looked awesome. I did notice a few patchy bits so decided to do a third coat to be safe. I noticed it became a bit bubbly in some parts as it dried, but I think that was because I didn't let the second coat dry fully before applying the third. It is crucial with this polish that you let every single coat dry completely before going on with the next. Other than that miner set back I really love this polish! Its unique and pretty and it really is duo chrome. It can look totally purple or green, with hints of blue and silver. It really is similar to Knackered, the main difference is that it doesn't contain the holographic glitter.The photos honestly don't do it justice. Definitely want to check out other shades in the collection.

B x









No comments:

Post a Comment