Sunday 5 May 2013

The Sunday Manicure: Polished and Pretty

Speech-presenting worthy nails. That was my goal today. Tomorrow I will be presenting an oral for one of my classes and I thought if everyone's going to be looking at my nervous hands gripping cue cards, they might as well be pretty. Besides you always feel better when you look the part ;)


If I have the time, Sunday is when I will do the full monty mani. I start by soaking my hands in warm water for a few mins, then I apply a hand and nail cream, trim, buff and file my nails. Then a quick swipe of nail polish remover for a clean slate and I begin painting. I use OPI Nail Envy because my nails are quite weak, followed with 2-3 coats of  todays choice, OPIs Bubble Bath and finish with Revlons top coat. Once they're dry massage in Burts Bees cuticle cream. Wa la!

I love a baby/pastel pink nail and the three I've tried so far are below. I like them all but I am still on the hunt for more! Essies Fiji is next on my hit list.

Enjoy the post! 
B x


Revlon Top Coat, OPI Bubble Bath, OPI Nail Envy, Nutrimetics Hand & Nail treatment hand creme, Manicare buffing block, Burt's Bees Lemon Butter cuticle cream and nail file.

OPI Bubble Bath, OPI Its a Girl, Butter London Teddy Girl




OPI Bubble  Bath

OPI Bubble Bath

No comments:

Post a Comment